3D Pirate Windsock
Item: Pirate Windsock, Jolly Roger Windsock, 3 Dimensional Skull & Crossbones Windsock, Pirates of the Caribbean Windsock
- Measures 19″ x 14″ x 29 inches
- Weighs 8 ounces
- 3 dimensional design gives Pirate a striking human life like appearance
- Vibrant red, gold, brown and black colors make this treasure carrying shipwrecked pirate pop
- Constructed of extremely durable polyester fabric
- Can be used indoor or outdoors
- 3D Windsock comes with hook and swivel for easy hanging
- Perfect for Halloween or the pirate enthusiast
What better way to show you are a pirate aficionado than a 3D windsock? Have you ever found yourself talking in a pirate voice? You know, “Aye…matey!” Or maybe when you were a kid after watching Peter Pan wishing you were a pirate like Captain Hook? If the answer is yes then this Skull & Crossbones windsock is for you!
When one talked about the act of piracy they are referring to the act of robbery out on high seas. As long as there have been ships sailing with treasure there have been pirates looking to pillage these ships. One surprising fact about pirates is there is no evidence that they actually spoke “Pirate.” Meaning there is no recorded history of pirates ever saying ‘arr’ or ‘shiver me timbers.’ This form of pirate speech can actually be traced to the 1950’s Disney movie Treasure Island, starring Robert Newton as fictional pirate Long John Silver.
The act of piracy can be found as far back as 14th century BC with a group known as the “Sea Peoples” who terrorized the Mediterranean. The most well known pirates of the past were the Illyrians, populating the western Balkan peninsula. Constantly raiding the Adriatic Sea, the Illyrians caused many conflicts and it took the mighty Roman Empire over 200 years to finally conquer them!
For more interesting history on pirates, check out: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pirates